Thursday, October 13, 2011

Top 10 Cheesy Horror Movies

Remember, cheese doesn't always mean bad.  I happen to love every movie on this list.  Movies are in order from cheese to the cheesiest(in my opinion).  And look, I even took the time to leave you some trailers.  Of course, if you've never seen any movie on this list, you need to just go away.

10. Evil Dead

Not shocking that this is the least cheesy  There's some creepy moments in the movie mixed in with some cheese.  And let's be honest, Bruce Campbell is the King of Cheese but that's why we love him!


9. Killer Klowns From Outer Space


Blasting humans with a ray gun, taking them aboard their ship and putting humans into cotton candy cocoons?  Yep, awesome and cheesy.  I still enjoy watching this movie.  Not to mention I actually like the soundtrack!


8. Sleepaway Camp


Cult classic slasher movie from 1983.  I remember when I first saw this movie(I was about 7), it freaked me out.  When I watch it now, I laugh...hard.  How can Sleepaway Camp NOT be on this list? And who can forget that disturbingly shocking reveal at the end?


7. C.H.U.D. (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller)


Another movie that scared me shitless, as a child, until I discovered the overall cheese.  If you've never seen C.H.U.D., go now and seek it.


6. The Stuff


This is an all-time favorite of mine.  Michael Moriarty, Garrett Morris, Danny Aiello, Paul Sorvino and Scott Bloom.  Sticky, white, sweet, creamy substance that looks like Fluff but is actually a parasite that attacks the brain and turns humans into zombie-like creatures.  Consuming their very bodies until there is nothing left but...the stuff inside of them.


5. The Return of the Living Dead


The most amazing, hilariously bad zombie movie that we all love.  This really needs no explanation. Also, another movie with a great soundtrack.


4. Ghoulies


Every character in this movie, is asking for it.  They get bored and decide that a ritualistic ceremony is a good thing to do?  That's what they get.  The ghoulies have every right to pop up from the toilet and kill them all.  Cheesy acting, cheesy effects and creature.  Yet, awesome.



3. Troll


Harry Potter, Jr (aka Noah Hathaway from The Neverending Story fame) couldn't even save this movie from being cheesy.  Which is why it's so high on my list.


2. Student Bodies


I'm always disappointed when I mention Student Bodies, no one knows what the hell I'm talking about.  Before there was Scary Movie, there was Student Bodies.  This movie is so bad and cheesy, it's good!


1. TerrorVision


Was I the only one who first saw this movie on USA Network's "UP All Night"?  There's a reason why this is #1 on my Top 10 Cheesy Horror movies.  Just...look...


There you have it!  Feel free to share your favorites.

1 comments:

Helena said...

I miss Up All Night or Monstervision with Joe Bob Briggs? Why don't TNT and USA bring those back instead of these Law and Order reruns?

I totally would have put Killer Klowns way higher. And have you seen Motel Hell? SUCH cheesy goodness. I swear, the 80s had the best cheesy horror flicks. Night of the Lupus? So bad it's good.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...